Oh How I Love My Banana Bread Cake!!!!!!




It's been a year now since I first started making Banana Bread Cake. I am no expert in Cake making, but this one gave me a sense of being a sensational pastry chef!

I know it is preferred at our home as I make this cake quite frequently. I must declare, I do not like bananas but I encourage my husband to pick up some just to make this cake.


The fruit is available year around which gives me the luxury to bake this anytime I desire. Reasonably priced, consistent quality and easy to peel makes this a good choice for an evening coffee cake.


The yummilicious thick sweet batter with chunky bananas, toasted nuts and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon gives it a divine appearance and smells delicious. Simple to put together, I have the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. Combine and whisk into a prepared pan for baking.


The result is a crispy golden brown crust, an aromatic room and bread that is soft and buttery delicious. Yummm!!

Here is my recipe for a tasty Banana Bread Cake:

Ingredients:

1 cup (115 grams) walnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe large bananas mashed well
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract                                      

Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter and flour the baking pan. I line it with parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.

Whisk 2 large eggs at room temperature and set aside.

Melt ½ cup of unsalted butter and set aside to cool.

Place ½ cup of walnuts, pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Chop coarsely and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine 1 ¾ cups of all -purpose flour, ¾ cup of granulated white sugar, ¼ teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and nuts and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine 2 whisked eggs, ½ cup of melted unsalted butter, 3 large mashed bananas and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

With a rubber spatula, gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix everything till well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter as it will yield tough dry rubbery bread.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.

Remove from oven and place the pan on a wire rack for cooling.  Serve warm at room temperature. Store in an air tight box for up to 5 days.

A variation of this is Chocolate Banana Bread Cake where I add 1/2 cup of Semi-Sweet Choco Chips and 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder to the batter.



Comments

Popular Posts